The big waves in the deep blue ocean are the excitement of surfers. They are happy to see the large waves that heat the ocean. The present of these waves is the marked point for surfers to get their boards and play the stand up paddle board to the deep waters.
Stand up paddle boarder was first introduced in Hawaii. The one who used the paddle board will do upright position on the board and paddle out from the ocean waves. It is a very different sport from typical surfing where the surfer squats to meet the waves.
The activity became official as an outdoor sport in the year 2013. This can be played in different parts like .paddling in steady water for recreation, sightseeing, or fitness, competing on deep rivers, canals and lakes. This also includes boarding on the waves of the ocean, quick propelling in falling rivers, yoga boarding and use the paddling method to catch fish.
When you stand on your board, you usually should wear suits appropriate for outdoor water. In doing this outdoor play; you usually genuflect on top of the board while your hands hold the paddle to propel out in the water.
History of Stand up Paddle Boarder:
● This technique was first done by the Africans, up righting on their canoes. It is usually used as a track during battles on water.
● In the 16th century, the Hawaiians used paddling in a special occasion with a 5 meter length border in the water.
● In the twentieth century, stand up paddle board was used by the lifeguards in Tel Aviv to give first aid for swimmers who are in trouble in the waters.
● In the 1940’s, paddling teachers from Waikiki namely: Duke Kahanamoku, Leroy and Bobby AhChoy used the first stand up border technique when massive waves begin during the “Beach Board Surfing” event.
● In the 1990’s SUP was first instructed in Hawaii to students studying in surf school. It is an alternative use for outdoor play when waves of the ocean are not coming out. This activity became so known, that Brian Keaulana continued to make it an event which he calls “Beach Boy Surfing” and was recognized all over the world as the “Buffalo Big Board Contest” in the year 2003.
● The competition for Stand up paddler became a regular event. Kai Lenny became the first surfer who won the championship game competition all over the world; in the year 2012.
● In the year June 2007, a magazine came out to write a theme on this outdoor activity. The name of this magazine is “Standup Journal”.
The Knownness Of This Outdoor Activity:
The Outdoor Foundation Outdoor Participation Report 2013 stand up paddle board was one of the most widely known outdoor sports by the use of its first game. The middle percentage age who play this sport; according to the reports, are 28 years old.
Safety Rules and Regulations:
● In the United States: The use of PFD (personal floating device) is not necessarily required when you are in the surfing area but this is a requirement when you do boarding in a non-surf zone.
● In the United Kingdom: The use of PFD in the ocean is not usually required except in
Rivers, inland waterways and lakes. These waters are environment friendly waters in
the country. PFD is also required for the students and less confident to do the SUP. It is
also a ‘must’ for them to use leash in all paddling environments.
Safety rules of this game should always be applied to protect you from harm.